Welcome to the Queens Road Medical Practice website
We hope you will find the website as informative as possible, so please feel free to browse and look for the information that best helps you to access the services you need. If you have any feedback, we would be more than pleased to hear from you.
The Practice was formed in 1992 by the amalgamation of the long established Albany and Grange End practices and has been providing ‘Primary Care’ services to the residents and visitors to Guernsey for nearly 30 years. The Practice comprises of 20 Doctors, supported by experienced Nursing and Musculoskeletal Teams and operates from two surgeries, one at Queens Road in St Peter Port and one at Le Longfrie in the parish of St Pierre du Bois.
We are a team of over 60 people who endeavour to provide an excellent service and a warm welcome!
Please click on the links below to find out more about our people and the services they help to deliver.
- Mission and values
- Musculoskeletal Service
- Nursing Team
- Practice News
- Repeat prescriptions
As the Island moves through the phases of ‘de-escalation’, we are moderating our approach to the wearing of face masks and the use of lateral flow tests (LFT) in the Practice with effect from Monday 4th April 2022.
The following guidelines will come into force on Monday 4th April and are consistent with Public Health advice:
Patients attending the Practice
- There is no routine requirement for patients to undertake lateral flow testing prior to coming to the surgery if they do not have any symptoms that might be COVID (cough, sneeze, sore throat etc)
- If a patient is symptomatic they should undertake lateral flow testing.
- If a patient who is symptomatic has a negative lateral flow test negative they should attend the surgery wearing a face-mask/ covering
- If a patient has a positive LFT please follow Public health guidance
- If a patient has a positive LFT and needs to be seen at the GP surgery, please call the Practice on 01481 724184 and we will advise you of the best course of action
- Patients are welcome to wear face masks if they choose when attending the Practice
We would like to thank all of you for being so helpful in these challenging times.