Welcome to the Queens Road Medical Practice website
We hope you will find the website as informative as possible, so please feel free to browse and look for the information that best helps you to access the services you need. If you have any feedback, we would be more than pleased to hear from you.
The Practice was formed in 1992 by the amalgamation of the long established Albany and Grange End practices and has been providing ‘Primary Care’ services to the residents and visitors to Guernsey for nearly 30 years. The Practice comprises of 17 Doctors, supported by experienced Nursing and Musculoskeletal Teams and operates from two surgeries, one at Queens Road in St Peter Port and one at Le Longfrie in the parish of St Pierre du Bois.
We are a team of over 60 people who endeavour to provide an excellent service and a warm welcome!
Please click on the links below to find out more about our people and the services they help to deliver.
As you will probably know, the Island moves into the third stage of the recovery plan on Monday 22nd March 2021 as we continue to emerge from the latest Island-wide lockdown.
Although the incidence of COVID in Guernsey is very low (no new cases for over 40 days) we are going to be cautious with how we start the process of moving back to ‘normal’ and will be following all Public Health advice. We will keep you all updated of any developments to our approach to COVID and the operations of the Practice on this page and via Facebook.
Accordingly, with effect from Monday 5th April 2021 the following measures will remain in place: –
- When booking an appointment at either surgery you will be asked if you have any flu/ COVID-like symptoms
- The Longfrie Surgery in St Peters remains a designated surgery for patients with flu/ COVID-like symptoms
- Anyone with any of these symptoms will be offered an appointment at the Longfrie in a specific respiratory clinic, held each afternoon.
- We request that anyone visiting the Longfrie respiratory clinic wears a face covering
- Staff working in the respiratory clinic at The Longfrie will wear full personal protective equipment
- Please continue to observe good respiratory and hand hygiene when attending the surgeries
We will be reviewing these measures over the coming weeks as (hopefully) no new cases of COVID are identified and the vaccination programme continues at full speed.
If a patient has COVID symptoms but does not need a doctor we ask that they call the Public Health clinical helpline on 756938 or 756969 where they will be advised accordingly.
We would like to thank all of you for being so helpful in these challenging times!